Are you a skilled and analytical business analyst looking for an exciting opportunity in Canada? Look no further! We are currently seeking dedicated individuals with business analysis expertise to join our team in Canada. In this job description, we will provide an overview of the responsibilities, qualifications, and benefits of working as a business analyst in Canada with visa sponsorship. If you have a strong analytical mindset, excellent problem-solving skills, and a desire to drive business success, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Employer Name: City of Burnaby
- Position: Business Analyst
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $50.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
As a business analyst in Canada, your primary responsibility will be to analyze business processes, identify areas for improvement, and develop solutions to enhance efficiency and productivity. Your duties may include:
- Requirement Gathering: Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and document business requirements. Conduct interviews, workshops, and analysis of existing systems or processes to understand business needs.
- Data Analysis: Analyze and interpret complex data sets to identify trends, patterns, and insights. Use data visualization tools to present findings in a clear and meaningful way.
- Process Mapping and Modeling: Document and visualize business processes, workflows, and system interactions. Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for optimization.
- Business Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement and recommend solutions to streamline operations, reduce costs, and enhance productivity. Develop and implement new business processes or modify existing ones.
- System and Software Evaluation: Evaluate software systems, tools, or technologies to support business needs. Collaborate with IT teams to ensure alignment between business requirements and technology solutions.
- Business Requirement Documentation: Create detailed and comprehensive business requirement documents (BRDs) or user stories to capture functional and non-functional requirements. Ensure requirements are clear, concise, and aligned with business objectives.
- Stakeholder Management: Engage with stakeholders at various levels, including business users, managers, and executives. Facilitate meetings, workshops, and presentations to gather feedback, validate requirements, and maintain strong relationships.
- Testing and Quality Assurance: Collaborate with testing teams to define test cases, validate system functionality, and ensure solutions meet business requirements. Conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) and provide support during system deployments.
Qualifications and Skills
To excel as a business analyst in Canada with visa sponsorship, the following qualifications and skills are typically required:
- Educational Background: Hold a bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or a related field. Professional certifications, such as CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional), are advantageous.
- Business Analysis Experience: Demonstrate a proven track record of successfully analyzing business processes and implementing improvements. Familiarity with business analysis methodologies and tools.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities to identify business needs, analyze complex data, and develop effective solutions.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels. Ability to translate technical concepts into clear and understandable language.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including business users, IT professionals, and project managers. Foster a positive team environment and build strong relationships.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to work on multiple projects concurrently and adapt to changing priorities or business requirements.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accuracy and quality in documenting requirements, analyzing data, and identifying process improvements.
- Technical Proficiency: Familiarity with business analysis tools and software, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of database querying languages and data visualization tools is advantageous.
Visa Sponsorship and Benefits
Our organization offers visa sponsorship for qualified candidates, ensuring that you can legally work in Canada. In addition to visa sponsorship, we provide the following benefits:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience and qualifications.
- Accommodation: We provide assistance and guidance in finding suitable accommodation options in Canada.
- Training and Professional Development: We support ongoing training and professional development opportunities to enhance your business analysis skills and knowledge.
- Supportive Work Environment: We foster a supportive work environment that promotes collaboration, growth, and work-life balance.
How to apply for this job?
Online Application: http://www.burnaby.ca/
Please contact People and Culture at 604-294-7303 if you do not receive a confirmation email within one hour of submitting your application online.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
Working as a business analyst in Canada with visa sponsorship offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to business success, drive process improvements, and make a significant impact on organizational efficiency. By leveraging your qualifications, skills, and analytical mindset, you can play a crucial role in shaping business strategies and delivering value to stakeholders. If you are ready for a rewarding experience as a business analyst, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity in Canada.
Do You Want free Visa Sponsorship?
Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings