- Jobs Position: Maintenance Worker
- Location: 2800 One Lombard Place, Winnipeg, MB R3B 0X8, Canada
- Vacancies: 1
- Company: Richardson International
- Salary: Negotiable
- Country: Canada
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
Richardson International Canada is a leading agribusiness company with a strong presence in the agricultural and food industry. As part of their operations, they are seeking a skilled Maintenance Worker to join their team in Canada. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the smooth functioning of the company's facilities and equipment.
Overview of Richardson International Canada
Richardson International Canada has been a trusted name in the agricultural industry for over a century. With a wide range of services, including grain handling, merchandising, and food processing, the company has established a strong reputation for excellence and innovation.
Role of a Maintenance Worker
As a Maintenance Worker at Richardson International Canada, you will be responsible for performing various maintenance tasks to keep the company's facilities and equipment in optimal condition. Your role will involve working closely with other team members to address maintenance needs promptly and efficiently.
Responsibilities of a Maintenance Worker
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting routine inspections and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Performing repairs and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions.
- Assisting in facility repairs, including plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work.
- Conducting preventative maintenance tasks to minimize downtime.
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory of spare parts and equipment.
- Following safety procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Collaborating with other team members to coordinate maintenance activities.
- Documenting maintenance work and reporting any issues or concerns.
Skills and Qualifications
To be successful as a Maintenance Worker at Richardson International Canada, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a maintenance or related role.
- Strong mechanical and technical skills.
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry systems.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and blueprints.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality work.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
Key Duties of a Maintenance Worker
As a Maintenance Worker, your primary duties will revolve around the following areas:
1. Equipment Maintenance
You will be responsible for conducting regular inspections and maintenance of machinery and equipment used in the company's operations. This includes ensuring proper lubrication, replacing worn-out parts, and troubleshooting any performance issues.
2. Facility Repairs
In addition to equipment maintenance, you will assist in facility repairs, including tasks such as fixing plumbing leaks, repairing electrical systems, and addressing general wear and tear. Your role will contribute to creating a safe and functional working environment.
3. Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
As a Maintenance Worker, you will utilize your problem-solving skills to identify and address equipment malfunctions or operational issues. This may involve diagnosing problems, researching solutions, and implementing effective repairs or adjustments.
Safety Procedures and Compliance
At Richardson International Canada, safety is a top priority. As a Maintenance Worker, you will be expected to adhere to all safety procedures and regulations to ensure a secure work environment.
Health and Safety Regulations
You will be required to have a thorough understanding of health and safety regulations related to maintenance work. This includes knowledge of safe work practices, proper handling of tools and equipment, and compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
Part of your role will involve conducting safety inspections to identify potential hazards or risks. You will collaborate with the safety team to implement corrective measures and maintain a high level of safety standards across the company's facilities.
Collaboration and Communication
Effective collaboration and communication are essential for success in the role of a Maintenance Worker at Richardson International Canada.
Working with Team Members
You will work closely with other team members, including maintenance technicians, supervisors, and department heads. Strong teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively will contribute to efficient and timely completion of maintenance tasks.
Reporting and Documentation
Accurate reporting and documentation of maintenance work are vital to track progress, identify recurring issues, and ensure proper maintenance records. You will be responsible for documenting your work, including repairs made, parts replaced, and any additional maintenance recommendations.
Career Growth and Opportunities
Richardson International Canada values the professional growth of its employees. As a Maintenance Worker, you will have access to training programs and opportunities for advancement within the company. Richardson International Canada recognizes the importance of investing in its employees and provides a supportive environment for career development.
How to apply?
The role of a Maintenance Worker at Richardson International Canada is essential for maintaining the company's facilities and equipment. By ensuring proper maintenance, you contribute to a safe and efficient working environment. If you are passionate about maintenance work, possess the required skills and qualifications, and are looking for a rewarding career, Richardson International Canada offers an exciting opportunity to grow and excel in your field.