Job Overview with Visa Sponsorship
Are you a skilled medical coding professional seeking a new opportunity in Canada? We have an exciting medical coding position available, and we are delighted to offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates. Join our team and contribute to Canada's healthcare sector while experiencing the diverse and welcoming culture of this beautiful country.
- Employer Name: Canadian Health Labs
- Position: Medical Coding
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $25.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: Canada
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
Also, apply: Data Analyst Job in Canada
As a medical coder in Canada, your responsibilities will include:
- Medical Record Review: Reviewing patient medical records and extracting relevant information.
- Coding and Classification: Assigning accurate diagnostic and procedural codes using ICD (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) coding systems.
- Data Entry: Entering coded information into electronic health records (EHR) or healthcare information systems.
- Quality Assurance: Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of coding assignments.
- Compliance: Adhering to coding guidelines, regulations, and compliance standards.
- Query Resolution: Collaborating with healthcare providers to resolve coding discrepancies or queries.
- Reporting: Generating reports and summaries of coded data for billing and reimbursement purposes.
To excel in this medical coding role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Medical Coding Certification: Certification in medical coding (e.g., CPC, CCS, RHIT, RHIA) is typically required.
- Coding Proficiency: Proficiency in ICD and CPT coding systems.
- Attention to Detail: Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in coding.
- Medical Knowledge: A solid understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, and healthcare procedures.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills to interpret medical records and assign appropriate codes.
- Communication: Effective communication skills for interactions with healthcare providers and colleagues.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changes in coding guidelines and regulations.
Also, apply: Cybersecurity Job in Canada
Education and Experience Requirements
- A degree in Health Information Management or a related field is often preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in medical coding, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Medical coding positions in Canada can be found in hospitals, clinics, healthcare organizations, and remote work settings. The work environment may vary based on the specific job and employer.
How to Apply
Q: Is visa sponsorship available for international candidates? A: Yes, we proudly offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates seeking employment in Canada.
Q: What coding systems are used in Canada for medical coding? A: Medical coding in Canada primarily uses ICD (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) coding systems.
Q: Are there opportunities for career advancement in medical coding roles in Canada? A: Yes, the healthcare sector in Canada offers opportunities for career growth and specialization in medical coding.
Canada's healthcare system relies on the expertise of medical coders to ensure accurate and efficient coding of patient records. If you are a dedicated medical coding professional looking to advance your career and experience the healthcare landscape of Canada, apply today. Your journey toward a rewarding medical coding career in this diverse and dynamic country begins here!
Do You Want free Visa Sponsorship?
Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings