Are you a dedicated and skilled pharmacy assistant looking for an exciting opportunity in Canada? This job description provides an overview of the pharmacy assistant role, responsibilities, qualifications, and the possibility of obtaining a work visa sponsorship. As a pharmacy assistant in Canada, you will play a crucial role in supporting pharmacists and providing excellent customer service to patients.
- Employer Name: LAMBERT RESSOURCES HUMAINES
- Position: Pharmacy Assistant
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $18.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: 1215 Grande Allée Ouest, Québec, Quebec, Canada, G1S1E7
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
Overview of the Pharmacy Assistant Role
As a pharmacy assistant in Canada, your primary responsibility will be to assist pharmacists in dispensing medications and providing essential administrative support. You will work in a pharmacy setting, ensuring smooth operations and delivering quality service to customers.
Responsibilities of a Pharmacy Assistant
The responsibilities of a pharmacy assistant may include:
- Medication Dispensing: Assisting pharmacists in dispensing medications accurately and safely.
- Customer Service: Interacting with customers, answering inquiries, and providing information on over-the-counter medications and health products.
- Prescription Processing: Managing prescription orders, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Inventory Management: Stocking and organizing medications and health products on pharmacy shelves.
- Labeling and Packaging: Properly labeling and packaging medications for customers.
- Administrative Tasks: Assisting with administrative duties, such as data entry and record-keeping.
- Medication Information: Providing basic information about medications and their uses to customers.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with pharmacy regulations and guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills Required
To work as a pharmacy assistant in Canada, you will typically need the following qualifications and skills:
- Education: A diploma or certificate in pharmacy assisting or a related field is often preferred.
- Experience: Previous experience in a pharmacy or customer service role is an asset.
- Attention to Detail: Being detail-oriented to ensure accuracy in medication dispensing and record-keeping.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication skills to interact with customers and team members.
- Customer Service: Strong customer service skills to provide exceptional patient care.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to manage tasks efficiently in a fast-paced pharmacy environment.
Visa Sponsorship for Foreign Workers
Canada offers visa sponsorship options for skilled foreign workers through various immigration programs, such as the Express Entry system, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), and the Global Talent Stream. Employers in Canada can sponsor foreign workers through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) or the International Mobility Program (IMP) after obtaining a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or through LMIA exemptions.
Benefits of Working as a Pharmacy Assistant in Canada
Working as a pharmacy assistant in Canada offers several benefits, including:
- Career Growth: Opportunities for professional development and advancement in the pharmacy industry.
- Healthcare Experience: Gaining valuable experience in the healthcare sector.
- Job Stability: Pharmacy assistants are in demand due to the growing healthcare needs of the population.
- Competitive Compensation: Pharmacy assistants in Canada receive competitive salaries and benefits.
- Community Impact: Contributing to the well-being of patients and the local community.
How to Apply for a Pharmacy Assistant Job with Visa Sponsorship
To apply for a pharmacy assistant job in Canada with visa sponsorship, follow these steps:
Telephone: (819) 472-1215 Extension: 223, Email: email@example.com
- Tailor Your Resume: Customize your resume to highlight your pharmacy assisting experience and relevant skills.
- Visa Application: If an employer offers you a job and agrees to sponsor your visa, follow the appropriate visa application process through the Canadian government.
Working as a pharmacy assistant in Canada offers a rewarding and fulfilling career in the healthcare sector. This job description has provided an overview of the pharmacy assistant role, responsibilities, qualifications, and the possibility of obtaining visa sponsorship as a foreign worker. If you have a passion for healthcare, customer service, and supporting patients, a pharmacy assistant job in Canada may be the perfect fit for you.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Q: Are pharmacy assistant jobs in Canada open to foreigners? A: Yes, pharmacy assistant jobs in Canada are open to skilled foreign workers through various immigration programs.
- Q: What are the typical working hours for a pharmacy assistant in Canada? A: Pharmacy assistants may work varied shifts, including weekends and evenings, to accommodate pharmacy hours.
Do You Want free Visa Sponsorship?
Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings