Are you a meticulous professional in the field of construction, skilled in managing costs and resources? Canada's booming construction industry welcomes your expertise with open arms and exciting opportunities. This article presents a comprehensive job description for quantity surveyor positions in Canada, providing in-depth information about job responsibilities, qualifications, working environments, and more. Whether you're an experienced quantity surveyor or just starting your career, these positions not only offer employment but also the chance to contribute to Canada's evolving skyline.
- Employer Name: Dufferin Construction - A CRH Company
- Position: Quantity Surveyor
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $25.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: Canada
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
As a Quantity Surveyor in Canada, you'll play a pivotal role in construction projects, ensuring efficient cost management and resource allocation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Accurately estimating the costs of materials, labor, and equipment for construction projects.
- Collaborating with project managers to develop budget estimates.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Sourcing and evaluating suppliers, negotiating contracts, and managing procurement processes.
- Ensuring adherence to contractual terms and resolving disputes when necessary.
- Monitoring project expenses and identifying areas for cost-saving opportunities.
- Providing recommendations to optimize resource allocation.
Also, apply: Data Entry Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
To excel in this role, the following qualifications and skills are essential:
- Strong understanding of construction methods, materials, and industry practices.
- Ability to interpret architectural and engineering plans.
- Proficiency in data analysis and the ability to interpret cost data accurately.
- Attention to detail in assessing project requirements.
- Effective communication with project teams, stakeholders, and contractors.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Professional certification (RICS, CIQS, etc.) is preferred.
- Previous experience in quantity surveying or cost estimation is advantageous.
Also, apply: Butcher Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
As a Quantity Surveyor in Canada, you'll find yourself working in dynamic construction environments:
- Collaborating with engineers, architects, and construction teams on-site.
- Overseeing cost-related aspects and ensuring efficient resource management.
- Analyzing data, preparing reports, and developing cost estimates in office environments.
- Contributing to project planning and budgeting discussions.
How to Apply
Ready to build your career in Canada's construction landscape? To apply for quantity surveyor positions, please follow these steps:
- Visit our official job portal at https://jobs.crh.com/CRH_Americas/job/Toronto-Quantity-Surveyor-ON/975329601/?feedId=349301&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=AmerMat_Indeed
- Complete the online application form, attaching your resume and relevant certifications.
- Emphasize your construction knowledge, cost estimation skills, and experience in managing projects.
1. What types of construction projects are available for quantity surveyors in Canada? A wide range, including residential, commercial, infrastructure, and more, offers diverse opportunities.
2. Is professional certification necessary to apply? While not mandatory, professional certification enhances your application's credibility.
3. Can my family join me under the visa sponsorship? Certain visa options may allow for family inclusion; specific rules apply.
4. How does the visa sponsorship process work? Details of the visa sponsorship process will be communicated during the application and interview stages.
5. Are these positions limited to experienced quantity surveyors only? Both experienced professionals and entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply.
Embarking on a quantity surveying career in Canada not only promises a fulfilling role but also offers the chance to contribute to the nation's growing infrastructure. By following the application process and presenting your qualifications and experience effectively, you're on your way to becoming an essential part of Canada's construction advancements.
Do You Want free Visa Sponsorship?
Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings