- Kampala, Uganda
- June 12, 2023
Very experienced GIS Technician with an excellent academic profile and proven track record of over 4 years of invaluable experience with ArcGIS software for developing GIS databases, as well as QGIS data creation/ editing tools. Demonstrate skills in customer interaction, marketing, and basic interpretation. Highly focused with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of project management, technical issues and financial practices. A consistent track record of successfully delivering full lifecycle projects to the highest technical standards, tight time scales and within budget.
Approachable and able to get along with both work colleagues and senior managers, currently looking to work for an organization offering continued growth and development opportunities.
Certificate in Mapping of Land Tenure and Natural Resources Using Open Source Geospatial Technologies
Democratizing data and empowering communities with edge cutting technologies
Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Small UAS) Initial
Credential Identifier Credential ID 1047536-20190726-00451
Certification in Remote Pilot License (RePL)
Diploma in Cartography (Geo-informatics)
Uganda Advanced Level School Certificate – UACE
Uganda Certificate of Education– UCE
● Gathering, analyzing, and storing geospatial data according to the clients' requirements.
● Using the proper devices and software tools to analyze geographical objects under observation.
● Extracting relevant information from the gathered geospatial data and applying analytical methods to solve problems related to intelligence.
● Analyzing geographical areas for defense work.
● Tracking changes to the landscape as well as damages that have occurred due to natural disasters to understand Earth's overall environmental condition.
● Dividing gathered geospatial data into various data sets to suit the needs of our various clients.
● Writing reports on your geospatial analysis findings.
● Presenting the relevant information in an understandable way in various meetings and presentations.
● Researching and developing geospatial products for the market and internal use.
● Performing geo-coding for further use in geographic information systems.
To create spatial data by building databases and linking geographic information for the provision of GIS analysis for National Census Hold Enumeration Areas.
To work with departmental GIS users to capture information for use within the system, whilst enforcing procedures for maintaining data.
To provide a comprehensive specialist training and support service for National Census HouseHold Enumerator’s internal GIS end users, including the maintenance of the GIS customer training database and associated customer feedback.
To create and build customer training manuals to cover different levels and specialist areas of GIS.
To assist the database analyst with the design and creation of a Web enabled GIS service to both internal users and members of the public.
To provide GIS data to external bodies under the Ordinance Survey Schedule 7 of the Mapping Services Agreement subcontractors licensing.
To produce detailed plans and associated design work for specialist projects across NPH
● Established operating procedures and policies
● Managed a team of UAV pilots and contractors in operations
● Responsible for career development of flight operations personnel
● Coordinate and approve test cards for UAV flight testing and demos
● Coordinate and request FAA restricted airspace as necessary
● Made recommendations for product quality and reliability
● Interacted with customers, technical and production staff
● Identified and pursued business development opportunities
● Reviews schedules and budgets with program managers
● Approved project expenses related to execution of flight operations function
Collect data that can be translated into maps and online programs.
● Perform physical hands-on analysis of geographical features.
● Train new officers for the field and/or computer data entry.
● Data collection using handheld GNSS/GPS.
● Storage of geographical information.
● Representing the organization in GIS related meetings.
● Undertake field work to collect data about existing buildings roads in Kampala city
● Identify and assign house numbers to existing buildings
● Attach house numbers on buildings
● Compile and analyze data
● Submit regular reports about collected and analyzed
Carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance, conduct the day-to-day technical operations, and answer resulting technical and operational questions.
● Liaise with developer representatives, national, state, and local government representatives and dignitaries as required.
● Liaise with local community stakeholders on behalf of developer towards facilitating project objectives.
● Engage and facilitate community meetings.
● Provide regular and timely information and project updates to the local community and relevant stakeholders
Identify and feedback to the developer and Independent Steering Group any grievances or issues developing within the local community.
● Provide feedback on issues escalated to the developer back to the relevant stakeholders