- Nairobi, Kenya
- May 5, 2023
My name is Ronald Odanga, a seven-year professional in the communications industry with extensive experience in the Kenyan Civil Service, private and development sectors in Kenya and beyond. I have successfully concluded in an 8-month tenure of service at MSC Cruises as a 2nd Photographer.
I am currently pursuing a Masters of Arts degree in Corporate Communication at the University of Nairobi. In addition, I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Productions, a Diploma in Mass Communication, a Diploma in Broadcast Journalism & Media Studies and a Certificate in 3D & Multimedia from the University of Nairobi, East African School of Media Studies, Institute of commercial Management and Shang Tao Media Arts College respectively.
My expertise spans creation of written, visual and audio content, exciting and informative presence through various online platforms and organization of media coverage of important events including production of digital imaging. In addition, I am skilled in the production of written, video and online content gathering and dissemination, script development, branding, media monitoring and publicity both corporate and materials. I strongly believe that my skillset will add value to your organization at large.
Graduated with a 2nd Class Upper Degree
Responsible for photographing daily events, including, but not limited to embarkation, gangways, dining rooms, portraits and any other events that may require a photographer to be present to document the event(s).
Work on gangways or in other areas “in character” as a photo mascot.
Photo Gallery duties include delivering excellent customer service while handling sales of photo and retail items, and ensuring products are well displayed and merchandised to company standards.
To engage positively with guests, capture images at various locations and create wonderful cruise memories, selling and promoting all products available in the Photo Gallery / PhotoShop.
• Implement and manage social media strategies
• Manage and oversee social media day-to-day content to achieve brand consistency. • Measure the success of every social media campaign
• Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
• Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams both internal and external
• Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
• Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
• Posting / Reposting and hyping on client social media accounts
• Present weekly social media results to senior management or client and monthly cumulative insights for each client.
• Communicating with photographers/videographers/stylists/ producers/directors and copy writer e.t.c for client social media content
• Responding to comments on each of the client accounts
• Create written, visual or audio content that delivers against the communications plan and supports our brand campaigns; Photography/ Videography Lead on the organization and delivery of roundtables, workshops and flagship events.
• Support the development of an exciting and informative presence through our online platforms.
• Organize media coverage of important events; liaise with news and publications agencies, public relations firms, County Governments photographers, etc. to provide notice of, and information on, upcoming meetings, briefings and special events and to ascertain coverage requirements
• Produce digital imaging, photo prints, and serving as Main photographer; write captions for CoG photos.
• Travel to the field to help with hands -on capacity strengthening among CoG staff and partners, and collect communications assets to include still photography, video, story • Document and develop a collection of success stories from the field and curate library of stories for use in reports, articles, communications activities, and impact
• Oversee all production and execution of all multimedia content and material for any media and online platforms from short clips to organizational and Promotional films for prospective clients.
• Define, develop and budget multimedia projects and co-managing the full production of such projects (concept, script, filming, editing).
• Keeps track of audio-visual trends and technology to ensure communication strategies and operating procedures are adapted accordingly.
• Generating new content: Generating, identifying, developing, editing and maintaining engaging online Multimedia content for AIC and BAQE and social media platforms. • Content gathering and editing: Coordinate content gathering with AIC and BAQE’s clientele and followers in reviewing, editing and upload it on AIC and BAQE’s Webpages and social media platforms.
• Building the online network: Implement engagement strategies for AIC and BAQE’s digital platforms.
• Liaise with all Ilhas News Agency’s news stringer network to ensure that all special video news interest stories are available on time and are of good quality.
• Ensuring social media growth of AT News related products as well as monitoring feedback and responding to feedback on both the Website, Twitter and Facebook handles.