Are you a skilled Dental Hygienist seeking a job opportunity in Canada with visa sponsorship? Look no further! In this post, we will provide you with a comprehensive job description for an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist position in Canada. Discover the responsibilities, qualifications, benefits, and how to apply for this exciting career opportunity.
- Employer Name: Carrière Dentaire
- Position: Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $25.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: 750 Rue Saint-Vallier Ouest, Québec, Quebec, Canada, G1N1E1
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
As an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist, you will play a crucial role in providing comprehensive oral healthcare services. Your expertise extends beyond traditional dental hygiene duties, as you will perform advanced tasks under the supervision of a dentist. Your responsibilities may include performing dental cleanings, administering local anesthesia, applying sealants and fluoride treatments, taking dental impressions, and educating patients on oral hygiene practices.
Responsibilities of an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist
- Dental Cleanings: Perform thorough dental cleanings to remove plaque, calculus, and stains from patients' teeth, providing a fresh and healthy oral environment.
- Dental Examinations: Assist the dentist in conducting preliminary examinations, including taking dental X-rays and documenting patients' dental and medical history.
- Local Anesthesia Administration: Administer local anesthesia to patients to ensure a comfortable and pain-free experience during dental procedures.
- Sealant and Fluoride Application: Apply dental sealants and fluoride treatments to protect patients' teeth from decay and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Periodontal Therapy: Perform non-surgical periodontal therapy, including scaling and root planing, to treat gum disease and promote gum health.
- Dental Impressions: Take accurate dental impressions for the fabrication of crowns, bridges, dentures, or other dental restorations.
- Patient Education: Educate patients on proper oral hygiene techniques, including brushing, flossing, and nutritional counseling, to promote optimal oral health.
- Maintain Records: Document all treatments, procedures, and patient interactions accurately and efficiently in the dental records.
- Infection Control: Adhere to strict infection control protocols to ensure a safe and sterile dental environment for patients and staff.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with dentists, dental assistants, and other dental professionals to provide comprehensive dental care to patients.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To excel as an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist and be eligible for visa sponsorship in Canada, the following skills and qualifications are typically required:
- Graduation from an accredited Dental Hygiene program
- Current registration and licensure as a Dental Hygienist in Canada
- Certification in Expanded Duty Dental Hygiene procedures
- Strong knowledge of dental hygiene principles and practices
- Proficiency in dental software and digital radiography
- Excellent manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassion and empathy towards patients
- Knowledge of infection control protocols
- Continuous learning and commitment to professional development
Benefits and Compensation
As an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist with visa sponsorship in Canada, you can expect competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. The exact details may vary depending on the employer and the location. Some common benefits include:
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement savings plans
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Continuing education and professional development opportunities
- Supportive work environment
How to Apply
To apply for an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist job with visa sponsorship in Canada, follow these steps:
Email: [email protected]
- Update your resume to highlight your relevant experience, skills, and qualifications as an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist.
- Write a tailored cover letter expressing your interest in the position and your commitment to providing high-quality dental care.
- Submit your application, including your resume and cover letter, through the company's designated application process.
Remember to customize your application for each organization and demonstrate your passion for dental hygiene and patient care.
If you are a skilled Dental Hygienist with expertise in expanded duty procedures, an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist job in Canada with visa sponsorship can provide you with an exciting career opportunity. Use this comprehensive job description to understand the responsibilities, qualifications, and benefits associated with this role. Update your application materials, showcase your skills, and embark on a fulfilling career as an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist? An Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist is a dental professional who performs advanced dental hygiene procedures under the supervision of a dentist. Their responsibilities may include dental cleanings, local anesthesia administration, sealant and fluoride application, and taking dental impressions.
2. What qualifications do I need to become an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist? To become an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist, you typically need graduation from an accredited Dental Hygiene program, current registration and licensure as a Dental Hygienist in Canada, and certification in Expanded Duty Dental Hygiene procedures.
3. Is visa sponsorship available for Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist jobs in Canada? Yes, some dental clinics or healthcare organizations in Canada offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates applying for Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist positions. It is advisable to research organizations that provide this opportunity.
4. How can I apply for an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist job in Canada? To apply for an Expanded Duty Dental Hygienist job in Canada, update your resume, write a tailored cover letter, research organizations offering visa sponsorship, and submit your application through the company's designated process.