Are you skilled in general farm maintenance and looking for an exciting opportunity in Canada? Look no further! We are currently seeking dedicated individuals with experience in farm maintenance to join our team in Canada. In this job description, we will provide an overview of the responsibilities, qualifications, and benefits of working in general farm maintenance jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship. If you have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and expertise in farm infrastructure and upkeep, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Employer Name: Fédération de l'UPA de la Montérégie
- Position: General Farm Maintenance
- No of Vacancies: 4
- Salary: $15.32 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: 578 Chemin de la 4e-Concession, Noyan, Quebec, Canada, J0J1B0
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
As a general farm maintenance worker in Canada, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the proper functioning and upkeep of farm infrastructure and equipment. Your duties may include:
- Farm Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance tasks on farm equipment, such as tractors, harvesters, and irrigation systems. Conduct inspections, lubricate moving parts, and make minor repairs as necessary. Report any major equipment issues to the supervisor.
- Building and Infrastructure Maintenance: Maintain and repair farm buildings, fences, gates, and other structures. Conduct regular inspections, identify and fix structural issues, and ensure a safe and secure environment for animals, crops, and farm personnel.
- Plumbing and Electrical Maintenance: Inspect, maintain, and repair plumbing and electrical systems on the farm. Address issues such as leaks, faulty wiring, or malfunctioning equipment. Ensure compliance with safety standards and building codes.
- Landscaping and Groundskeeping: Perform landscaping tasks, including mowing, trimming, and weed control. Maintain farm roads, driveways, and parking areas. Keep the farm premises clean and presentable.
- Equipment and Tool Management: Keep an inventory of farm tools and equipment, ensuring they are properly stored, organized, and maintained. Coordinate with supervisors to ensure adequate supplies and tools are available for farm maintenance tasks.
- Waste Management: Properly dispose of farm waste, including animal waste and other organic materials. Comply with environmental regulations and implement appropriate waste management practices.
- Safety and Security: Maintain a safe working environment by identifying and addressing potential hazards. Follow safety protocols and guidelines to prevent accidents or injuries. Report any safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Record-Keeping: Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, repairs, and equipment servicing. Document equipment usage, inspections, and any incidents or accidents that occur.
Qualifications and Skills
To excel in a general farm maintenance job in Canada with visa sponsorship, the following qualifications and skills are typically required:
- Experience: Previous experience in general farm maintenance, including knowledge of equipment maintenance and basic repair skills, is preferred.
- Knowledge of Farm Infrastructure: Familiarity with farm buildings, fences, plumbing systems, and electrical systems is beneficial. Understanding the principles of construction, plumbing, and electrical work is an asset.
- Attention to Detail: Pay close attention to detail to identify maintenance needs and address them promptly. Conduct thorough inspections to ensure farm infrastructure is in good condition.
- Physical Fitness: General farm maintenance can be physically demanding, involving lifting, bending, and working outdoors in various weather conditions. Good physical fitness and stamina are necessary.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: Exhibit problem-solving skills to identify and resolve maintenance issues efficiently. Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform basic repairs.
- Safety Consciousness: Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Understand the importance of working safely with equipment, tools, and chemicals.
- Teamwork: Work effectively as part of a team, cooperating with other farm personnel, including supervisors and farm workers. Effective communication and cooperation contribute to a productive and harmonious work environment.
Visa Sponsorship and Benefits
Our organization offers visa sponsorship for qualified candidates, ensuring that you can legally work in Canada. In addition to visa sponsorship, we provide the following benefits:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer a competitive salary based on experience and performance.
- Accommodation: We provide comfortable and affordable accommodation options for our employees.
- Training and Development: We believe in investing in our employees' growth and provide training opportunities to enhance their skills and knowledge in farm maintenance.
- Supportive Work Environment: We foster a supportive work environment where teamwork, mutual respect, and personal growth are valued.
- Opportunity for Advancement: As you gain experience and demonstrate your capabilities, there are opportunities for career advancement within our organization.
How to apply for this job?
CEA Centre d'emploi agricole
Working in general farm maintenance in Canada with visa sponsorship offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the agricultural industry and be part of maintaining a functional and efficient farm. By leveraging your qualifications, skills, and attention to detail, you can play a crucial role in ensuring the proper functioning and upkeep of farm infrastructure. If you are ready for a rewarding experience in general farm maintenance, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity in Canada.
Do You Want free Visa Sponsorship?
Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings