If you have a passion for knitting and possess technical skills in operating knitting machines, pursuing a career as a knitting technician in Canada can provide exciting opportunities to work in the textile industry. Canada's textile sector values skilled professionals who can contribute to the production of high-quality knitwear. In this article, we will explore the job description for knitting technician positions in Canada and provide information about visa sponsorship options for international candidates.
- Employer Name: 9466-2947 quebec inc
- Position: Knitting Technician
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $25.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: 9050 avenue du parc suite 100Montréal, QC H2N 1Y8
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
As a knitting technician, your responsibilities may include:
- Machine Setup and Operation: Setting up and operating various types of knitting machines, such as circular knitting machines, flat knitting machines, or computerized knitting machines. Ensuring machines are properly configured for specific knitting patterns, yarns, and specifications.
- Sample Development: Creating and testing sample fabrics or knitted products based on design specifications. Collaborating with designers or clients to produce samples that meet their requirements.
- Machine Maintenance and Repair: Performing routine maintenance tasks on knitting machines to ensure optimal performance and prevent breakdowns. Identifying and troubleshooting technical issues, conducting repairs or adjustments when necessary.
- Quality Control: Conducting quality checks on knitted fabrics or products to ensure they meet the required standards for color, texture, tension, and overall quality. Identifying and resolving any defects or issues in the knitting process.
- Yarn and Material Management: Monitoring yarn and material inventory, ensuring an adequate supply for production. Coordinating with suppliers to order yarns and other necessary materials.
- Production Planning and Scheduling: Collaborating with production managers or supervisors to plan and schedule knitting operations based on customer orders or production targets. Optimizing machine utilization and productivity.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintaining accurate records of production activities, machine settings, and quality control checks. Providing reports or updates on production progress, issues, or improvements.
- Team Collaboration: Working closely with other knitting technicians, machine operators, and production staff to ensure smooth production processes and meet production goals.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhering to safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment. Following regulations related to machine operation, material handling, and waste disposal.
- Continuous Learning: Staying updated on knitting techniques, machine advancements, and industry trends through training programs, workshops, or self-directed learning.
The specific requirements for knitting technician jobs in Canada may vary depending on the employer, industry, and position level. However, common requirements may include:
- Technical Skills: Possessing strong technical skills in operating knitting machines and understanding different knitting techniques. Familiarity with various types of knitting machines, yarns, and knitting patterns.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrating meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate machine setup, fabric quality, and adherence to specifications.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: Having good problem-solving skills to identify and resolve technical issues in the knitting process. Troubleshooting machine malfunctions or defects.
- Communication Skills: Communicating effectively with team members, supervisors, and other stakeholders to coordinate production activities and report any issues or updates.
- Physical Stamina: Being physically fit and able to stand for long periods, perform repetitive tasks, and lift heavy materials.
- Adaptability: Being flexible and adaptable in a dynamic production environment. Willingness to work on a rotational shift basis, including evenings, weekends, or holidays.
- Valid Work Permit: Obtaining a valid work permit or visa that allows employment in Canada.
International candidates interested in knitting technician jobs in Canada may be eligible for visa sponsorship. The specific visa sponsorship options depend on factors such as the duration of employment, qualifications, and the specific job offer.
It is recommended to consult with Canadian immigration authorities or seek professional advice to determine the most suitable visa sponsorship program based on individual circumstances and job opportunities.
Also, apply: factory worker jobs in canada with visa sponsorship
How to apply for this job?
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
Job reference number
References attesting experience
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
Are you available for the advertised start date?
Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Working as a knitting technician in Canada offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the textile industry and participate in the creation of quality knitted products. By understanding the job description and exploring visa sponsorship options, international candidates can pursue their passion for knitting and join the diverse and vibrant Canadian workforce.
Do You Want free Visa Sponsorship?
Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings