Are you detail-oriented, organized, and interested in working in a warehouse environment? Are you also dreaming of working in Canada? Look no further! In this post, we will provide you with a comprehensive job description of a Warehouse Shipping Clerk in Canada with Visa Sponsorship. We will cover the responsibilities, required skills, educational requirements, visa sponsorship details, application process, benefits, career growth opportunities, salary, and more. So, let's explore this exciting job opportunity!
- Employer Name: EXCEL PERSONNEL INC.
- Position: Warehouse Shipping Clerk
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $20.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: 3737 Rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada, H4C1P8
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
Overview of the Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job
A Warehouse Shipping Clerk plays a vital role in the smooth operations of a warehouse facility. They are responsible for managing the shipping and receiving processes, ensuring accurate documentation, and maintaining inventory control. Warehouse Shipping Clerks work closely with warehouse supervisors, logistics teams, and transportation providers to ensure timely and efficient delivery of goods.
Responsibilities of a Warehouse Shipping Clerk
As a Warehouse Shipping Clerk, your responsibilities may include:
1. Shipping and Receiving Operations
- Processing incoming and outgoing shipments accurately and efficiently.
- Verifying the quantity and quality of received goods against purchase orders.
- Preparing shipping documents, such as bills of lading, shipping labels, and customs declarations.
2. Inventory Management
- Maintaining accurate inventory records and conducting regular cycle counts.
- Monitoring stock levels and initiating replenishment orders as needed.
- Coordinating with warehouse personnel to ensure proper storage and organization of goods.
3. Order Fulfillment
- Picking, packing, and preparing orders for shipment.
- Ensuring order accuracy and adherence to customer specifications.
- Collaborating with warehouse team members to meet daily shipping deadlines.
4. Documentation and Record-Keeping
- Generating shipping and receiving reports, including tracking numbers and delivery confirmations.
- Updating inventory databases and maintaining accurate documentation.
- Resolving discrepancies or issues related to shipping, receiving, or inventory.
5. Compliance and Safety
- Adhering to warehouse safety protocols and ensuring a safe working environment.
- Following all relevant regulations and guidelines related to shipping and transportation.
- Participating in regular safety training and promoting a culture of safety within the warehouse.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To excel in the role of a Warehouse Shipping Clerk, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in using inventory management software and shipping platforms.
- Knowledge of shipping regulations, customs procedures, and international shipping documentation.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Physical stamina to handle repetitive tasks and lift/move heavy objects.
Most Warehouse Shipping Clerk positions require a high school diploma or equivalent. However, some employers may prefer candidates with additional certifications or training in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field. Having relevant vocational or technical qualifications can also be advantageous.
Visa Sponsorship Details
The Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship offers an exciting opportunity for individuals outside Canada who aspire to work in the country. Visa sponsorship means that the employer is willing to sponsor your work visa, allowing you to legally work and reside in Canada. Please note that eligibility for visa sponsorship may be subject to certain requirements and regulations set by the Canadian government. The specific details regarding visa sponsorship will be communicated during the application process.
To apply for the Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship, follow these steps:
Telephone: (514) 931-4251 Extension: 270, Email: [email protected]
- Update your resume to highlight your relevant experience in shipping, receiving, and warehouse operations.
- Submit your application through the designated portal or email address.
- Ensure that your application includes all the required documents, such as a cover letter, resume, and any additional certifications or references.
- Double-check your application for accuracy and completeness.
- Await a response from the employer regarding the status of your application.
- If shortlisted, you may be invited for an interview or further assessments.
- Provide any additional documentation or information as requested by the employer.
- If selected, follow the instructions provided by the employer to proceed with the visa sponsorship process.
- Complete any necessary paperwork and fulfill the requirements outlined by the Canadian government.
- Once your visa is approved, make necessary arrangements for your travel and relocation to Canada.
Benefits of the Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job
Working as a Warehouse Shipping Clerk in Canada with Visa Sponsorship offers several benefits, including:
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and essential industry.
- Competitive salary and compensation package.
- Exposure to the logistics and supply chain management field.
- Potential for career growth and advancement within the warehouse and logistics sector.
- Visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- Relocation assistance and support.
- Networking opportunities within the industry.
Career Growth Opportunities
A career as a Warehouse Shipping Clerk can lead to various growth opportunities, such as:
- Warehouse Supervisor: Overseeing shipping and receiving operations and leading a team of clerks.
- Logistics Coordinator: Managing end-to-end logistics processes, including transportation and inventory management.
- Inventory Control Specialist: Optimizing inventory control processes and implementing best practices.
- Supply Chain Analyst: Analyzing supply chain data to identify cost-saving opportunities and improve efficiency.
- Warehouse Manager: Overseeing overall warehouse operations and strategic planning.
Salary and Compensation
The salary of a Warehouse Shipping Clerk in Canada can vary based on factors such as experience, location, and the employer's size. On average, the annual salary for a Warehouse Shipping Clerk ranges between CAD 30,000 and CAD 45,000. Additional benefits and incentives may be offered, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and shift differentials for night shifts or overtime work.
If you have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a desire to work in the warehousing industry, the Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship presents an excellent opportunity for you. By showcasing your relevant experience and skills in your application, you can embark on a fulfilling career in the Canadian warehouse sector. Don't miss out on this chance to combine your passion for logistics with an international work experience!
1. Are there any specific physical requirements for the Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job?
Physical requirements may vary depending on the employer and the specific warehouse environment. Common physical tasks may include lifting/moving heavy objects, standing for extended periods, and operating equipment such as pallet jacks or forklifts.
2. Is previous experience required for the Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job in Canada?
Previous experience in shipping, receiving, or warehouse operations is preferred but not always mandatory. Employers may consider candidates with transferable skills or those willing to undergo training.
3. Can international candidates apply for the Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job in Canada?
Yes, international candidates can apply for the Warehouse Shipping Clerk Job in Canada. The visa sponsorship provided by the employer facilitates legal work authorization.
4. What are the working hours for Warehouse Shipping Clerks in Canada?
The working hours can vary depending on the employer and the nature of the warehouse operations. Shift work, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, may be required to ensure continuous operations.
5. Are there opportunities for professional development in this role?
Yes, there are opportunities for professional development in the role of a Warehouse Shipping Clerk. Employers may provide training programs or support further education and certifications related to warehouse management or logistics.