If you have a passion for scientific research and enjoy working in a laboratory setting, pursuing a career as a lab technician in Canada can offer exciting opportunities. Canada boasts a vibrant research community and cutting-edge facilities, creating a demand for skilled lab technicians who play a crucial role in conducting experiments, analyzing data, and supporting scientific discoveries. In this article, we will explore the job description for lab technician positions in Canada and provide information about visa sponsorship options for international candidates.
- Employer Name: GESTION AUBIN ET LACASSE INC.
- Position: Lab Technician
- No of Vacancies: 2
- Salary: $16.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: 895 Chemin Riverside, La Pêche, Quebec, Canada, J0X3G0
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
As a lab technician, your responsibilities may include:
- Experimental Support: Assisting scientists and researchers in conducting experiments and investigations. Preparing lab equipment, materials, and reagents for experiments. Setting up and calibrating scientific instruments and ensuring their proper functioning.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Collecting and recording experimental data accurately and meticulously. Entering data into computer systems or databases. Analyzing data using software tools or statistical techniques as required.
- Sample Management: Collecting, handling, labeling, and storing samples in accordance with standard operating procedures. Ensuring proper sample tracking and maintaining sample integrity and traceability.
- Laboratory Safety and Compliance: Adhering to safety protocols, guidelines, and regulations to maintain a safe working environment. Handling hazardous materials and substances following established safety procedures. Ensuring proper disposal of waste materials.
- Equipment Maintenance: Conducting routine maintenance, cleaning, and calibration of laboratory equipment. Troubleshooting and addressing minor technical issues. Coordinating with vendors or technical support when necessary.
- Quality Control: Implementing quality control measures to ensure accurate and reliable results. Performing routine quality checks, calibration verifications, and instrument validations as per established protocols.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintaining accurate and organized lab records, including experimental procedures, results, and observations. Writing clear and concise reports or summaries of experimental findings.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborating with other lab personnel, scientists, and research teams. Communicating effectively to share information, discuss findings, and provide updates on project progress.
- Inventory Management: Monitoring and managing lab supplies, reagents, and consumables. Ensuring adequate stock levels, placing orders, and maintaining inventory records.
- Continuous Learning: Keeping up-to-date with scientific advancements, techniques, and lab practices through continuous learning and professional development activities.
Also, apply: Job in Canada Security Guard with Visa Sponsorship
The specific requirements for lab technician jobs in Canada may vary depending on the employer, industry, and position level. However, common requirements may include:
- Education and Training: Holding a diploma or degree in a relevant scientific field, such as chemistry, biology, or biomedical sciences. Completion of a lab technician program or equivalent training may be preferred.
- Laboratory Skills: Possessing practical laboratory skills and proficiency in various lab techniques, equipment operation, and experimental procedures. Familiarity with good laboratory practices (GLP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) is essential.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrating meticulous attention to detail to ensure accuracy and precision in data collection, sample handling, and experimental procedures.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Having strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to troubleshoot technical issues, interpret data, and suggest potential solutions.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in using laboratory software, data analysis tools, and productivity software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Safety Consciousness: Understanding and following lab safety protocols, including handling chemicals, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and maintaining a clean and safe workspace.
- Communication Skills: Possessing effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with colleagues, scientists, and other stakeholders. Being able to present data or findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Valid Work Permit: Obtaining a valid work permit or visa that allows employment in Canada.
Also, apply: Job in Canada: Supermarket with Visa Sponsorship
International candidates interested in lab technician jobs in Canada may be eligible for visa sponsorship. The specific visa sponsorship options depend on factors such as the duration of employment, qualifications, and the specific job offer.
It is recommended to consult with Canadian immigration authorities or seek professional advice to determine the most suitable visa sponsorship program based on individual circumstances and job opportunities.
How to apply for this job?
Working as a lab technician in Canada provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to scientific research and discoveries. By understanding the job description and exploring visa sponsorship options, international candidates can pursue their passion for laboratory work and join Canada's vibrant scientific community.
Do You Want free Visa Sponsorship?
Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings