We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the Toronto Public Library team. As a library staff member, you will play a pivotal role in supporting community access to knowledge, information, and resources. If you have a passion for library services and the desire to contribute to the community, we encourage you to apply for these rewarding positions.
- Employer Name: Toronto City
- Position: POLICY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $15.00 hourly / 20 to 40 hours per week
- Employment Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: Canada
- No degree certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years
- Assist library visitors with inquiries, provide information, and support their use of library resources.
- Conduct library programs, workshops, and events for all age groups.
- Manage and organize library materials, including shelving, cataloging, and maintaining the collection.
- Help users navigate digital resources, computers, and other technology.
- Provide excellent customer service and address patron needs with professionalism and courtesy.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve library services and community outreach.
- Participate in library projects and initiatives to enhance community access to information and knowledge.
- Passion for public library services and a commitment to community engagement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to evolving library services and technology.
- Proficiency with library management systems and digital resources.
- A friendly and approachable demeanor.
Also, apply: Hotel Housekeeping Jobs with Visa Sponsorship
Education and Experience Requirements
- Educational requirements vary by position, but relevant degrees or certifications in library and information science are often preferred.
- Prior library or customer service experience is beneficial but not mandatory.
Library staff members work in a dynamic environment within library branches, engaging with diverse patrons of all ages. Tasks may include both indoor and outdoor responsibilities, depending on the role.
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for salary progression.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental coverage.
- Retirement savings and pension plans.
- Professional development and training programs.
- A rewarding career that positively impacts the community.
Library positions in Toronto offer competitive salaries that vary based on the role, experience, and qualifications. Specific details will be provided during the interview process.
How to Apply
Q: Are library positions open to individuals outside of Toronto or the province? A: Library positions are typically open to individuals who meet the qualifications and can work legally in Canada.
Q: What are the typical work hours for library roles in Toronto? A: Work hours vary depending on the specific position, but many library positions follow a standard 35-40 hour workweek.
Q: Are there opportunities for career advancement within the Toronto Public Library system? A: Yes, the library offers paths for professional growth and advancement, allowing you to build a fulfilling career in the field.
If you have a passion for library services and a commitment to community engagement, we invite you to apply for these positions with the Toronto Public Library. Join us in our mission to provide access to knowledge and information, foster lifelong learning, and positively impact the lives of Toronto's residents.
Do You Want free Visa Sponsorship?
Job Alerts to get notification when we publish new openings